Monday, March 15, 2010

My Big Mike


I just got back from seeing the movie "Blindside"...and I cried all the way through it. It was such a good movie! When I first heard that they called Michael Oher, "Big Mike", it made me think of the time that I called my own husband, Big Mike. He was commenting on Facebook that he would like to be one of Robin Hood's merry men, and I asked him if he would be Big Mike...you know, Little John...Big Mike, it seemed to fit. Anyway, after seeing the movie, and feeling inspired and full of love, I decided to dedicate this post to my Big Mike.
I love Michael with all my heart. He works so hard for our family, makes sure that we are taken care of, and even when money is tight, he always gives me just a little bit of my own to spend on what I want. He gets up every morning, takes the dog out, and then makes my lunch. He gets home after a long day, and helps me make dinner. He helps keep the house clean, helps motivate me when I don't want to do anymore, and always makes me laugh. He always opens the door for me, lets me go first, gives me his pocket change, and if there is only a little bit of ice cream left, he lets me have that too. I love my Big Mike. In so many more ways than I can write.

No comments:

Post a Comment