Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Love Letter and Guys Who Read are Hot!

Last Monday, Michael and I stopped by our friend's house to pick something up. I waited in the car while Michael ran in. As I waited, I noticed that Michael had left his wallet in the car, so I decided to rifle through it for cash, and then anything else of value. No cash, but I did find something of greater value than any amount of money could give me. Tucked away into a hidden pocket of his wallet were some little love notes that I had written Michael before his mission. He had taped them together side by side, and at the bottom was a quote from Pres. Hinckley. "Choose a companion of your own faith, choose a companion you can always honor, you can always respect, one whom will compliment you in your own life, one to whom you can give your entire heart, your entire love, your entire allegiance, your entire loyalty." He carried those letters, and this quote around with him during his mission. It is hard to describe the amount of love I have for Michael. Sometimes I feel so much love for him that I can't help but just grab him and hug him!
Besides being in love with him, he makes me laugh. For the past week or so, Michael has been wanting to read The Hunger Games. Now, I have never in my life known Michael to be a reader. Don't get me wrong, he is very intelligent, but sitting down with a book is not his cup of tea, unless it is a user manual to the latest and greatest electronic gadget, or stereo component. So not wanting to crush his latest request by laughing and saying "are you for real?", we went and purchased the book. When we got home he wanted to read right after dinner, so after he ate, he climbed into bed with his book and started to read. Before I woke up from this dream, I had to take a picture for proof...aren't guys who read just so hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment