Monday, April 12, 2010

6 signs that I already miss spring break...

I couldn't get up this morning.
Student B was the first one I saw...and I groaned (on the inside of course).
While driving to school this morning I was already thinking about what I was going to do after school.
Faculty meeting tomorrow at 7:45 am...I hate faculty meeting, it is so boring.
I thought about bringing my book that I have been reading all week for Silent Sustained Reading.
I checked the lunch rotation schedule to see if 2nd grade goes first this week...at 10:00 am.

You are probably asking yourself, "why did she go into teaching?" I know, right? Let me see if I can clear the confusion. There is something called a 'teaching slump'. It starts around November, and ends in January...after Christmas break. Teachers come back revitalized and ready to take on the new year, except mine hasn't ended. I think it is because I have first year teacher syndrome. The symptoms? Glazed over look in the eyes, ragged unkempt appearance, frequent yawning, constant clock watching and day counting, severe allergic reactions to boogers, dirty finger-nails, lice, and all odors associated with seven year olds. Sudden death may also occur.

If anyone knows the symptoms of a second year teacher, please forward the info to me. I am ready to sign up for another year, but I need to know if there is a vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment